The emergency line is designed primarily for responders such as police, firefighters and all the health services personnel. However, it is also for anyone who needs to intervene with an unconscious person or a lost child, and cannot scan the QR code
The emergency line protocol
1. Before contacting the 2BEID emergency line, try to get the bracelet’s identification sheet by scanning the QR code with a smart phone.
2. If you are unable to scan the QR code, you can contact the 2BEID emergency line that is available 24/7, at 1 (800) 230-6992 and dial the 711 extension.
3. The emergency line should ONLY be used in an emergency during an intervention.
4. When you call the emergency line, a member of the 2BEID team will ask you the bracelet’s code. The bracelet’s code is on the metal plate next to the QR code.
5. With this information, 2BEID will be able to identify the person and give the appropriate information to give first aid in a more precise manner, due to the information collected on the identification sheet.
6. The three emergency contacts phone numbers listed on the identification sheet will not be disclosed over the phone. It is a member of the 2BEID team who will contact one of three emergency contacts to inform them of the incident.
7. We will ask you to provide us with your name and phone number to forward them to one of three emergency contacts so that they can contact you if necessary.
8. 2BEID will not make any other follow-up after having made the connection between you and one of the three emergency contacts.
If you have any other questions about our emergency line, do not hesitate to contact us!